Follow the path, which was followed by hundreds of people before you- it means that they knew the very best.
The idea came in order to save the most precious things, and to spread the ancient Lithuanian traditions and customs. Desire to share what we have the best and most valuable with future generations and arrived guests from various places. To reveal things, which make us particular, exceptional and unique in the whole world.
Lithuanian taste is:
- Degustation of Lithuanian national dishes and beverages;
- Rich entertainment, enveloped by history, traditions and narratives;
- The time, fulfilled with traditional games and Lithuanian music;
- Unique opportunity to introduce guests with Lithuanian culture;
- The discovery of good emotions and mood of Lithuanian taste.*
*LITHUANIAN TASTE ENTERTAINMENTS:
- NEW! XIV-XVIIIa. LITHUANIAN CULINARY HERITAGE TASTING
- GUESTS WELCOME WITH MOLAR HORNS
Guests are welcomed with molar horns full of Lithuanian honey-alcohol drink “Suktinis”. This is a beautiful and interesting attraction for visitors. Every guest would get his/hers own molar horn full of flavourful honey-alcohol which after finishing has to be blown from the back using whistle announcing the successful finish.
- FOLKLORE PROGRAM
Rustic choir will perform traditional folk songs, interact with and entertain guests. Rustic choir includes not only singers but also dancers. Musicians will make a show by demonstrating old traditional musical instrument, where guest will be included as well. Guest would be welcome not only to sing but also to dance (will be invited by performers). Guests will also be entertained with various games, table songs. To sum up guests will constantly be participating in the program.
- ZEPPELIN’S SHOW
Cooks will show how traditional Lithuanian dish – Zeppelins is prepared which would later will be tasted by guests. Guests will be encouraged to make their own zeppelins by themselves. It is a very entertaining activity for participants as well as for audience.
- SMOKED HOUSE TEA
Guests are encouraged to taste a special tea prepared by archaic traditions which according to antecedents also has healing powers. Smokes which come out while preparing this tea is also good for health. It is believed that these smokes cleans the breathing system and calms the body. Tea itself is like health elixir.
- NATIONAL LITHUANIAN DISHES TASTING
- KARAIM DISHES TASTING
- TATAR DICHES TASTING
- LITHUANIAN WINE TASTING
- LITHUANIA TRADITIONAL ALCOHOL TASTING
Every guest would be introduced to different kinds of Lithuanian traditional vodka made with herbs. 4 kinds of vodka with herbs would be presented. The guest’s welcoming drink is „Trejos devynerios“, this is an alcohol helping to improver the digestion system, due to that it is presented before meals. While waiting for main dishes tasting of „Palanga“ ir „Dainava“ will start, and with deserts we will offer to taste „Krupniko“ which is perfect after sweet dish or at diner ending.
- LITHUANIAN BEER TASTING
- ŠAKOTIS BAKING AND TASTING
- Have you ever experienced the smell of just baked Šakotis, enjoyed the taste of its warm and fever seen fresh twigs? Have you ever seen how complex the process of making it is? Have you ever tried your hand at Šakotis creation? This is a tremendous opportunity to get acquainted with the whole procedure of Šakotis making. You will learn how the monasteries contributed to the emergence of this wonderful work. Why it was named “baumkuchen” and what does that mean? You will know how many times the dough was poured in order to have many layers for this traditional sweet, and understand how special Lithuanian Šakotis is. Most important is that you will be the first ones who will be tasting its freshly baked twigs. The harmony of taste and impression!